Can’t make one of the scheduled classes work for you?
Private cooking lessons are the perfect way to make sure you can learn a bit about macro AND have it fit into your busy schedule.
Here’s how they work.
1. You call me, or fire me off an e-mail using the handy Let’s Talk section of this site.
2. We schedule in a 3 (or so!) hour chunk of time that works for you. I find mornings are best, but I’ll try to make our schedules play nicely.
3. You come over to my little coach house, where you are greeted (If it’s in the morning- a perk!) with a cup of steaming tea and a typical macrobiotic breakfast. If it’s not the morning, well, you’ll still get delicious tea!
4. We eat together, talk a little about macrobiotics and learn about what we’re going to cook together over the next few hours.
5. Once we’re relaxed and buzzing from our yummy meal we move (only a few steps) to the kitchen where we chit-chat about knife skills (feel free to bring your own knife if you have one you love!), posture, cutting boards and cutting board maintenance.
6. From there it’s on to the food! Together we’ll wash, cut and cook while we talk about the energetics of food, how it works to create balance, and why eating this way is so amazing! I’ll guide you through some fun techniques like match sticking and nishime, and we’ll even make dessert!
7. Once the food is all cooked, we’ll sit down to enjoy it together, and review all of the things we learned during the lesson. If you’re really pressed for time, you can take your freshly made meal to go!
8. You’ll leave with a nifty new package complete with the recipes we cooked, as well as a review of all of the fun things we talked about while we were in the kitchen. Kind of like a grown up goodie bag. Except better.
3 hours. $200 for one person. Each additional person $100.